Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning Weekend

Friday started off with a text from America saying that she had to work all day so Jade spent the day with her Dad. So I went to the dentist to get Alyssa's Kindergarten paperwork filled out in the morning. Then Brian said he was getting off at around two so I said let's go to the mall because Alyssa put a hole in her jeans and she has no jeans to wear next week. So off we went (to the good mall Stoneridge!!) Alyssa does NOT care about clothes whatsoever she was more interested in fighting with Gabby on who got to sit in the stroller. All she wanted was flip flops... which of course I couldn't find in her size. She has small feet like me. So she got some jeans and shirts. I am pretty sure she will just need shoes for school because that girl is set!! I also bought a few things for myself since Express had a coupon out.
After shopping we ate at Val's Burger in Hayward for dinner. I swear those are the best burgers EVER!! The shakes are good too. There were some Hayward police officers eating there and I said Alyssa why don't you go say hi since you always ask about the police. She is fascinated because she sees their guns and their cop cars. She said "No Mom they will arrest me!!" So they pass by us as they leave and I am trying to get her to say hi... so finally she does and the cops give her and Gabby hi five. So we leave after them and they are in the parking lot and the cop says "Come here little girl so I can put handcuffs on you and arrest you!" She starts laughing and they give her and Gabby Hayward PD stickers. Oh she loved that.
Saturday I woke up and I had a cup of coffee and cleaned like a crazy woman. Coffee is like crack to me... I don't drink it that often but when I do... Watch out!! I am like a crack head cleaning!! I started at 10 and didnt stop until 10 pm. I wanted to get stuff together because the people that collect donations were coming on Monday. I ended up with four trash bags full of stuff that I gave to them. Which is nice because you don't realize how much junk you have. I also organized Gabby's room because even though she has been in that room for a year we still stick our crap in there. So that took awhile. Plus I got out Gabby's old clothes that would fit her and then bagged up her stuff to give away to my friend Ana and Corina. I put Brian to work too... he put together Gabby's toy organizer and cleaned out the storage closet and washed both cars inside and out. Then he went to his Dad's to play poker and didnt come home until 2 am... did I care?? NO... because he came home with 180 dollars that he won!! WOOT WOOT!!
Here is a pic with Gabby and her new toy organizer. She finally can get to all of her toys! We still have a LOT of work to do in her room but this was a good start.

Sunday Brian's brother Daniel came down from Redding to visit. We probably won't be seeing him for awhile after this visit... So right after church we went to Aaron and Abi's house for dinner. I made Apple Dumplings and they were BOMB. I will post the recipe in my recipe blog. Gabby had fun with their dog Sammy... I KNOW I am going to have to get a dog... maybe when the kids are older but Gabby's obsession right now is doggies. She says Doggie WOOF WOOF. Here are some pics from today:

Brian bought the kids ice cream from the ice cream truck and he was going to share his ice cream cookie sandwich with Gabby until she took things into her own hands.... I don't think she knows how to share yet ;o

Brian (starting on the left) with his brother Aaron, his Dad and his brother Daniel.

Gabby and the doggie Sammy:

1 comment:

Mama Roxy said...

Looks like you had another crazy busy weekend! I love the picture of Gabby with the doggy. Yes, you do need a dog...every kid needs a dog. :)