Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alyssa’s New Obsessions

The first one is actually pretty funny. Alyssa and I EVERY Monday without fail watch the new episode of Jon & Kate plus 8. So lately she has been patting my stomach and telling me that there is a baby in my tummy. I said Oh no there isn’t!! She says well can there be a baby in your tummy?? How about EIGHT babies in your tummy? She told me she wanted to have eight brothers and sisters just like Jon & Kate plus 8. I told her that will never ever happen…. Sorry. But still she asks every Monday if she can have eight brothers and sisters!
Alyssa’s second obsession is with homeless people. Months ago the girls and I had finished shopping at Costco and I was loading the kids and the stuff in the car. This guy approaches me and asks if he can help with my groceries. I say no I pretty much have a handle on it and I knew he wanted money for it which I didn’t have. So he asks the question if I have any money because he is hungry. I say no but I do have leftover pizza that the kids didn’t finish that we ate at the food court. I figured he wouldn’t be so picky if he was THAT hungry. So he is like okay that’s great! So he thanks me and goes on his way. Alyssa was like Mom why did you give him my pizza??? I said because some people don’t have homes and they need food to eat and we are going to go to a home that has food in it. That man doesn’t have a home with food in it. So she says Oh and tells Brian about the guy that has no home and how I gave away the pizza.
Two weeks ago the girls and I were at Food Maxx and I was unloading the groceries into the car again and this guy approaches me for money. I say I don’t have any and this guy wasn’t so nice and walks away in a huff. So Alyssa ALWAYS mentions this guy. Ever other day she says “Mom remember the guy that had no home asked you for money and you said no and he got mad” or “Remember when you gave the man with no home our pizza?” Then sometimes she tells me “Mom we have a home and some people don’t” It’s weird what sticks in their little brain but I am glad that she knows that she has it good because she has a roof over her head and food in the cabinets.

1 comment:

Queen Crump said...

Triniti loves this show too. She will demand to keep watching it even if it is a repeat!