Friday, August 8, 2008

Shopping... with Alyssa

First of all it's been a busy week. All week we had something going on. Monday was soccer practice. Tuesday we went to Jeneca's for a National Night Out BBQ. Wednesday we had dinner at Banchero's in Hayward for Brian's Grandma's bday. Last night Brian's brother Nick spent the night at our house. I was ready for bed at 8! I am so burnt. Luckily we have nothing much going on this weekend... which is okay by me!! I will be updating the blog here and there.
So today Alyssa and I went school shopping at the Great Mall in Milpitas. I have been there once when it first opened. I heard from my friend that they had a Vans outlet out there and I wanted to get Alyssa Van's for school. I went at the right time because they were buy one pair of shoes get one 1/2 off! So the trip was worth it.
While shopping with Alyssa I have realized how big she is getting. I was getting mad at the lady in front of us because she could turn at a red light but she was just sitting there. I said "GO LADY!" and Alyssa told me that God doesn't like when we get mad!!!
Then we went to go get Brian some shirts at the Ecko store and they had videos up. So of course she starts to watch them. Then they start showing girls in their thongs dancing around. Alyssa said loudly "Look Mom, BUTTS!!" I thanked the cashier on showing my daughter the butts. He got red.
I also saw how much Alyssa hates shopping just like me. I would start looking for clothes and there she was in the clothes racks playing around. Then I would take her to another store and she would look for somewhere to sit. Poor girl. At least I didn't shop the whole mall. We got through half of it in 3 hours.
Alyssa is pretty much ready for school. The big day is 17 days and counting!!

2 comments:

Queen Crump said...

Oh that mall is so big and takes forever. Oh, you will make it through the 1st day of school! I did!

M.Yeager said...

good deal on the shoes!

I hate the mall though, the only reason I ever went there was for Gymbo and Lane Bryant.

WTF?? They were showing videos in the store of women in thongs??? That seems weird!

YAY for being ready for school!