Monday, October 6, 2008

Kindergarten Rough Patch

You know when you send your kid off to school for the first time and there is always a crier? Well I have that crier!! Alyssa all of a sudden said she does not like school and wants to go back to preschool!!!
Thursday my step Mom went to pick her up and Alyssa was having a cow because a boy said he wanted to be Arianna and Alyssa's friend. Alyssa screamed and cried that she only wanted Arianna as a friend and no more friends! She was hysterical about it. I wonder if it's because Arianna was in her preschool.
I don't work on Friday's so I drop Alyssa off at school the next day and she is a little whiny but seems to do okay when I leave. When I go to sign her out of class the teacher asks to talk to me. I was thinking RUH ROH!! I am in trouble! She let me know about Thursday's incident and then she said Alyssa cried really loud in class saying that she wanted to go home to me and that she was disrupting class. So the teacher had to tell her to sit at her desk to cry. So the teacher came up with giving Alyssa green squares on the day she did not cry and if she did really good and came home with four or more squares Brian and I can reward her. So I had to go over this idea with her a lot so she knows not to cry in class. I told her she could go out to ice cream with Dad or she could pick something out at the Target Dollar spot if she got enough green squares. So we will see how it goes. I never thought Alyssa would not do well in Kindergarten. She is very social and likes to learn. I do think that all day Kindergarten is a little much for her but she will have to get used to it! I really hope she has a green square from her teacher today. *Fingers crossed* that there was no crying.

3 comments:

snowprincess said...

Aww that sucks. When amber was like that in preschool I bought her a set of cheap necklaces from claires and they were "magic" necklaces that would make her brave and it actually worked. She never cried when she had her necklaces were on. Hopefully alyssa gets through this soon, it will just take her some time

M.Yeager said...

oh poor baby!!! that has to be so hard on both of you! I had to bribe ricky to be good at school with a matchbox car at the end of the week if he was good ALL week long. So far it has worked, LOL.

How did it go? Did she bring home a green square?

Queen Crump said...

Kids always resist to change at first. She will do fine!