Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Alyssa's Preschool Graduation (Gradulation)

Today my baby graduated from preschool. I almost lost it but kept it together so I did not embaress my child. Thank goodness her stomach bug only lasted until 5 pm last night. She got out of bed and told me "Mom I wish I was a bear because bears don't wash their hands!" and then proceeded to yell at Gabby for making a mess in the living room. That is when I knew she felt better and gave her some toast and water and we were in the puke-free zone.
The graduation was really cute her teacher had all of us parents bring in their Dad's white collared shirt for their gown and they made caps out of construction paper. Grandma Tammi, Aunt Krissy, Auntie Abi, Uncle Aaron and Nani all came to Alyssa's graduation. The kids performed a song "Peanut Peanut Butter... JELLY!" and they did a freeze dance. After the graduation we went to Applebee's with Uncle Aaron and Auntie Abi. Alyssa kept telling us "Thank you Mom and Dad for my gradulations!!"
I am going to miss her teachers a lot. They were really helpful and eased a lot of my worries about holding Alyssa back. Alyssa was born two weeks before the cut off date for kindergarten so she could have gone to kindergarten this year but she was definitely not ready for a full day of school. Now she is ready to read and keeps asking when she can go to school all day. Next up is the first day of Kindergarten... I can not promise that I will not loose it that day. Here are some pictures of her graduation today:

Alyssa and her friends. The girl in the pink is going to go to the same school as her in the fall:

Alyssa posing in her dress:


Lining up... Alyssa is last.
Receiving her "diploma".


My preschool graduate!



Brian, Gabby, Me and Alyssa:

Alyssa and her teacher Ms. Sue:


Alyssa and her other teacher (teachers assistant) Ms. Silvia:


Gabby checking out the class... she will be going here in two years!


The last circle time *sniff, sniff*:

3 comments:

Mama Roxy said...

Awww, that makes me want to cry!! Luke's Graduation is tomorrow evening. Today we went into school for a snack with them. So sad & happy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping me updated on my grand babies daily events. It means alot to me since I am 80 miles away. My little Lyssa looks so grown up.... Just seems like yesterday that she was a toddler. Grandma Marge

M.Yeager said...

awww that is so cute!!!! I wonder if ricky will have a preschool graduation. Who knows, all I do know is I am ready for his booty to be back in school during the day!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!