I have never been to Half Moon Bay before and it is only right over the San Mateo bridge a half our drive from our house. Brian went there on Thanksgiving day early to go golfing at the Ritz with his friends and his boss who is also our Pastor. While he was out there he told me he knew he had to take me there. So he did on Friday for my birthday! Brian wanted to keep it a secret but I pulled it out of him. He also told me that we were going to go horseback riding!!
So we drop off the kids and it was in the 90's when we left. My poor kids... I knew they would be in a house without AC and I couldn't help to feel a little guilty!! But it was a perfect time to go to Half Moon Bay since that would be the coolest spot in the Bay Area. We stopped in San Mateo at Old Navy because I needed a few things and Brian needed flip flops. I did a *little* bit more damage than just a few things. Brian said I was dangerous given only 15 minutes in the store.
When we were done shopping we head over to Half Moon Bay to the Seascape Ranch to ride horses. Brian rode a horse when he was younger and I slightly remember riding a horse when I was 11 in Sqaw Valley while I was on vacation with a friend and her family. I got a horse named Fiesta and boy was she feisty!! She liked to stay in front of the pack so she would start galloping ahead of everyone! I was so scared!! We did a trail ride and then went out to the beach where Fiesta decided to gallop on the beach and not listen to me and ignore me pulling on the reins. That horse was a stubborn one! Brian got a good horse that did whatever he wanted of course!! It was fun though although I am so sore from horse back riding that it hurts to walk. We did buy pictures on a CD but the CD is blank!! I have to call the guy in the morning. I will post them when I get them.. believe me they are hilarious. You can see the look of fear on my face!!
After we rode horses we went to the beach for awhile and the water was FREEZING!! We just walked along the beach looking for shells for the kids. We didn't find anything. While we were sitting on the beach Brian spotted two dolphins swimming together. That was pretty cool. Then we went to eat at Spanishtown a Mexican restaurant which was soooo good!! We went back to the beach after that and watched the sun go down. It was amazing watching the sun hit the water. We went to Baskin Robins when we were done at the beach since Jamba Juice (our favorite) was closed. I told Brian it was nice eating ice cream all to myself. If I eat ice cream at home I have to either serve three other people ice cream or I have someone by me with their mouth open, lol!
Today we slept in until 9:30, which is sleeping in for me Gabby wakes up early. We got sandwiches at the San Benito deli and went to eat our lunch on the beach. We walked along the beach for a little bit and then decided to head back home because the beaches were getting crowded since it was so hot. Note to self: Never go to HMB on a hot weekend... the traffic was horrendous looking on the other side of the freeway with people trying to go to the beach. We stopped off at a fruit stand before we headed out of town and got some yummy cherries, nectarines and plums. They are sooo good. The cherries are gone already.
We picked up the girls after that. Alyssa was happy to see us... Gabby not so much. She was maa-aad that she left and had a cow when she saw us. Then we came back to our hot house. I thought I was going to melt earlier. I just took Alyssa to Jamba Juice and now we feel better at least there is some sort of breeze today.
We need to do this vacation thing more often. It was very relaxing and something I needed really badly!! I will have to start thinking of something for our anniversary in September. Well you know my blog would not be complete without pictures so here you go!!
Our feet in the sand:
Dang ocean!!!
Me and Brian at the beach: Sunset at Half Moon Bay:
3 comments:
What a wonderful husband you have! We were actually one of those people who was in traffic on sat. trying to go to half moon bay! We have been there many times and we should have known better than to go on a hot sat!
Happy Birthday Monica. I hope you got my voicemail on Wednesday. I was thinking of you!! What a wonderful hubby you have! I'm jealous...Ben has never set something up like that for me! Love ya!
Horseback riding sounds so fun! I haven't been since summer camp. Although I would probably have to have a huge ass horse to support MY huge ass.
Totally feel you on the getting to eat something of your own! I swear, nothing is my own, especially my food, lol.
I love the beach pictures, I also haven't been to one of those in forever!
Is your AC working yet?
Post a Comment