Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Have I lost my identity??

Before I had kids I knew what my favorite songs and what my favorite bands where. Now when I fill out those online surveys I can’t even name my favorite band… Why??? Because Alyssa takes over the radio and SCREAMS for Radio Disney as soon as she gets in the car. I am all for it because they don’t play anything crazy on Radio Disney and all of the songs are censored.
What is even more sad is that I was driving to lunch with my boss on Thursday and she had on 94.9. I started laughing because I don’t even listen to 94.9 anymore. Then she started singing and dancing to that song Get LOW LOW LOW LOW… it was hilarious but sad that I had no clue what she was singing. Granted she has a 13 year old daughter and I will probably know the songs again once Alyssa is 13 but I feel clueless right now.
Is it bad that my favorite song right now is Miley Cyrus See you again? Is it bad that Brian and I go around the house singing songs from Yo Gabba Gabba? Is it bad that I will actually turn on the Suite Life of Zach & Cody or Hannah Montana to see if we have seen that episode yet? Is it bad that I listen to Radio Disney even when Alyssa isn’t in the car?? Is it bad that my last two concerts were Hannah Montana and High School Musical on Ice?? Is it bad that my next event will be Disney Princesses on Ice?? Where has my identity gone?? I feel like I am 5 years old!!!

4 comments:

Mama Roxy said...

I hear ya girl! I have to say I'm pretty lucky that Luke LOVES country music. I swear he knows the words to more songs then i do. We are actually taking him to his first concert this summer. He is beyond excited for that. :)

Like you said, when Alyssa is 13 you will be "with it" again. :)

Mama Roxy said...

oh & thanks for getting me to start a blog. I am loving it!

Queen Crump said...

Hey I still sing songs to the wiggles! I am getting prepared for Daytons shows pretty soon. Everett was actually singing "Daliyah" today, but was singing "oooh what do me mooommm". I just look at it this way at least we can still feel like kids, which is a pretty great feeling and escape from being an adult.

snowprincess said...

oooh I so hear ya on this one. I havent been to an adult type entertainment in years and years. Many disney on ice and kids concerts but nothing for myself. And the only cd that constantly plays is Hannah Montana. I get my music fix from my ipod though and pandora.com at work. But sadly I hardly know the current shows since all I watch are kids programs and catch myself doing it when Amber isnt home