Sunday, February 24, 2008

Monkey Munch.

One more blog for the night since I am downloading pictures. Alyssa and I decided to do some baking while Gabby was sleeping and Brian was helping Dolores (Alyssa's godmother) pick up a bed for her son in Berkeley. Alyssa got an apron and chef hat from Jill yesterday and she loved it! She asked if we could bake yesterday but I threw Dolores a baby shower yesterday and I was wiped so I promised her today we could make something. I was watching Jon & Kate plus 8 a few weeks ago and she mentioned she would give her kids Monkey Munch for dessert so I googled the recipe and saw it was simple and decided to make it today since I am still a little tired from the shower and didn't feel like actually baking. Alyssa was happy just as long as she could help with her chef hat and apron. She is a regular Ratatouille!! So here is the recipe complete with pictures:

Monkey Munch

Ingredients:
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions:
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, stir together chocolate chips,
peanut butter and butter. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute;
stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be
stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.



3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on
waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In
1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter
over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat;
stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly
coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add
powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed
paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

We finished just in time because look who woke up from her nap with a poopy diaper.

As you can see Alyssa was being very camera shy, LOL! The Monkey Munch is really good but really addicting. We made it mostly for Brian to take to lunch with him. I have already eaten enough of it tonight. I am feeling so full right now. Then Brian came back from Target and bought me Ghirardelli milk chocolate caramel bars. My favorite... but after eating take out burrito's and Monkey Munch they will have to wait for another day.


2 comments:

Queen Crump said...

Ghirardelli milk chocolate caramel bars are my favorite too! I just bought some on friday! Woo Hoo. Alyssa is so the next top model. and I think I will have to make that recipe!

Mama Roxy said...

YUM! We love Monkey Munch around our house. I don't make it very often though because I would be as big as a house if I did. Love the pictures of the girls. Alyssa should go on Top Chef! lol