Are VERY stressful!
I helped out with Alyssa's teacher on Friday morning and asked to stay until lunch time to see why Alyssa was not eating her lunch. She said it was fine just to get a visitor pass. So I go into the office to get a visitor pass and head out to the cafeteria.
First of all the lunch room is LOUD. Then they have the class sit together very closely. I dont know how kids can eat like this. They are squashed like sardine's with no elbow room. Alyssa starts to cry as soon as she sits down. I tell her it's okay just eat your sandwich. The lunch lady comes over and tells me that Alyssa has been crying every lunch saying that she wants me. Of course that breaks my heart. Then I see a boy in Alyssa's class who was sitting at the table just bawling his eyes out. I go over to him and tell him that it's okay and his Mommy would want him to eat his lunch. He says he just wants his Mom. He cried the whole lunch and was crying when I left. I had to coax Alyssa to eat her lunch. Her classmates were amazed at the heart shaped sandwich she had in her lunchbox. I just used a cookie cutter to make it that shape so she would eat the dang sandwich!
Alyssa ate all of her lunch and I walked her out to the playground. She started to really cry then because I had to leave. I had her wait in line for the teacher to open the gate to the playground with Erika and her preschool friend Arianna. Arianna was very concerned for Alyssa and told her it would be okay. Once the gate opened the kids waiting in line went in to play and inside the playground Alyssa's friend's gathered around her saying it would be okay. It was really cute. They were all really concerned. I am glad she had a little support system.
As I was watching one of Alyssa's classmates gave me a hug and said good bye. I thought that was cute since I only met her once.
Volunteering in class was really fun and I got to see what they did on a daily basis. I now know all of Alyssa's classmates by name and they all seemed to like me! I want to volunteer at least once a month. I can't wait to do it again. I am really hoping today Alyssa ate all of her lunch!
I have more to update on but we have been so busy with soccer, church and school. More later this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pobrecita! Too much stress at lunch time for Alyssa. The little boy crying doesn't help matters either. Hopefully, this will all pass soon, and she will be eating her lunch and enjoying her school days! Mom
So sad...makes me want to cry! I am so glad Ben's kindergarten class was seperated from the rest of the lunch crowd - they would eat and play seperate from the rest of the kids. All of this reminds me of the St. Jarlath days when each class had their own section of the benches for lunch.
how heartwrenching! that would break my heart! I wonder why she is crying, is it because there is no space to move?
You are such a good mommy with the heart shaped sandwhich! What a great idea!
Ricky went from eating in his classroom at preschool to eating in a cafeteria in pre-k. I guess it's preparing him for kindergarten? I told you how he fell out of his seat at the table because he wasn't sitting in his seat correctly right? Those tables with the built in seats give me crazy flashbacks to elementary school! LOL.
I can tell you it will get better. Many of Triniti's classmates last year were like that. And this year they are 1st graders and seem now to know the routine really well. That's great that she has friends that care for her, it so cute when they are with their friends!
Post a Comment