Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend we had lots of fun in the sun. Friday after Alyssa got out of school I called up my Mother in Law and asked if we could swim because we were melting in the 90 degree heat with no AC. We go over there and swim all afternoon.
Saturday my in laws have a BBQ. We all swam and ate some really good food. I made the Pioneer Woman's sheet cake and it was gone by the end of the night. That cake is a huge hit. The guys played poker later that night and guess who won again?? Brian!! 100 dollars!!
The money came in handy because we celebrated our 8 year anniversary by going to the movies and dinner.... by OURSELVES. We haven't done that in a long time. We saw The Dark Night which was really good. Uncle Roy and Auntie Lety (my bff) watched the kids and brought over their dogs Ace & Deuce. When we got home Lety and I went to rent a movie at Lucky's $1.00 rent box but of course the movie we wanted was all rented out. We ended up renting College Road Trip with Martin Lawrence which was okay a good kid movie I guess. We called our friend America and her daughter Jade to come over and watch the movie with us.
Today my Dad barbecued and the girls played with my sisters outside with water toys. I have noticed that Gabby acts older than any other 21 1/2 month old that I have encountered. She likes Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, tries to play Barbies and can sit down to watch the whole Camp Rock movie. My sisters and Alyssa have a major influence in what she likes. She tries to be like them but it scares me because she is not even TWO yet! I think she will always try to act older... but I am hoping it isn't the case.
Anyway the weekend is over and I am tired. At least I only have to work 3 days next week. We are getting stuff ready for school this week right now. This school thing takes a lot of getting used to. Some mornings I am running out of the house with six bags in my hand (Alyssa's backpack, lunchbox, my lunch, my purse, Gabby's diaper bag and soccer bag for practice!) I am already ready for Christmas break!!!
Here are a few pictures from Saturday. I took the camera to my Dad's but Brian said he didn't bring the camera but then said just joking but I didn't hear the just joking part.... grrrrrr...

Alyssa showing Uncle Roy and Auntie Lety her Michael Phelps moves.

Daddy and Gabby having fun!
Higher Dad!
My bathing beauty
Alyssa teasing her sister... "Ha ha I'm in the water and YOUR not!"
Alyssa and her cousin Talore who just moved yesterday back to Redding =o(

Gabby drawing a masterpiece.
Playing with toys at PaPa's.
Gabby getting in on the poker game.
Yummy!

3 comments:

snowprincess said...

Awww Amber was just like Gabby is now. I think it is the influence of her sister and aunties. Since thats what she sees thats what she knows lol

dolores said...

That dress that Gabby is wearing is so cute! I have pics of Cat in the dress and I just love it. It was one of her favorite outfits!

M.Yeager said...

I have been such a blogslacker! I am sorry for not commenting sooner!

Happy Anniversary! (late)

It sounds you like had a busy weekend! What's that like? LOL