Anyway back to our Zoo trip. It was nap time for Gabby so she wasn't into the animals at all. The girls loved all of the animals but wanted to rush from place to place. They had their maps in their hands and we would just get to the giraffe exhibit then wanted to go to the elephant exhibit right away! So we had to slow them down. Their favorite was the elephants. We got to see them being fed and one elephant threw a stick at this guy who was sitting down on a bench!! It was crazy! They had the most personality in the zoo. The other favorite exhibit was the monkeys. There was one monkey who just sat in front of a mirror for a long time looking at himself! This other monkey showed off by climbing all over the trees and would look at all of us to make sure we were all still watching him. We took the kids to the children's part of the Zoo. They had a play area where Miss Gabby decided to start walking ALL OVER THE PLACE! This girl is officially a walker! I have lots of video!! We went to eat after the Children's Zoo and after we were finished Gabby decided that she was done and ready to walk back into the Zoo all by herself! I tried to hold her hand but she would not have any of it!
After eating we went to where the rides were and the girls went on a few rides. Alyssa was on a car ride with Erika and I waved to her and she totally ignored me!! Erika waved back at me. I told Brian, "Alyssa is ignoring me!!" So he tried to wave and she rolled her eyes!!! The next go round we both started waving and she yelled "MOM, DAD STOP WAVING!!!" Oh my goodness she used to LOVE to wave to us... but all of a sudden that is not cool anymore... *sniff, sniff* Brian took Gabby and the girls on the Merry Go Round and she started crying!! I know she was tired or else maybe she would have liked it. A few minutes later she knocked out... only to wake up to some screaming kid that woke her up ten minutes later!! All in all it was a fun day we spent 5 hours there and Gabby had a 10 minute nap with no real meltdowns... that is what I call a GREAT day! Here are some pictures from our day!! Next year we are going to the SF Zoo when Gabby is more into animals. The Oakland Zoo had slim pickings with it's animal exhibits.
Best Friends Forever:
*** I am having issues with trying to load video on Blogger. So if one day Blogger would like to cooperate and let me download video I will post the video of Gabby walking at the Zoo.
2 comments:
Awww looks like you guys had some good, fun family time!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I'm so excited to hear that Gabby is a full time walker!!
Post a Comment