Monday, March 3, 2008

The things that come out of their mouths...

Alyssa has been a crack up lately with the things she has been saying and asking… here are a few things that she has said lately:

“Mom when you were a little baby” or “Mom when you were a little girl…” - She ALWAYS asks me when I was a little baby did I watch Backyardagins, did I have a TV in my room, did I play with barbies, etc. I think she is genuinely interested in what I was like when I was a kid.
Last night I told Alyssa I was going to clean the house but I ended up doing laundry and getting on the computer. Alyssa walks up to me and says Mom I thought you were going to clean the house. I said I was but I got lazy. Then Alyssa told me MOM I am going to have to give you a safety violation!
This one is from a while ago. We were driving home from church and Alyssa said Mom when we get home you are going to do the laundry and Dad is going to sit on the couch. Which is true because that is usually what happens Sunday afternoons! Brian for the record does help fold and put away though!
Alyssa’s new thing is that her teeth are going to fall out. She wants to be older in the worst way so she says Mom my tooth is wiggly or Mom I am getting taller!!
Alyssa also tells EVERYONE she meets that she is five years old. My neighbor and I were being nosy and saw a realtor go to a lockbox next door to my house. The house is for sale and he asked if we wanted to see the inside. I have seen the inside before but my neighbor hadn’t yet. So we go inside. Then the potential buyers come in… Alyssa greets them at the door with HI my name is Alyssa and I AM FIVE! She screams that she is five to everyone. I guess to her being four was being a baby and now that she is five she is older now.
I am adding another one from today 3/5: Today Alyssa told me Mom when I am your age I am going to have kids. She always tells me that when she has kids then she will be the boss and she will be able to do all of the cooking. She gets frustrated when I don't let her cook a full meal. I always tell her when she is older she can put stuff in the oven, peel potatoes, mix food together and use the mixer.
Another one I wanted to add was we were waiting at a light in the car and it was taking forever because the light didn't turn green when it was supposed to.I was getting impatient and said COME ON!! Alyssa told me "Mom RELAX! Just breathe like this... wooo wooo"

Now onto Gabby… her vocabulary is getting larger now. So here is what she is saying at 15 months old:

Baba
Dada
Mama
Gampa
Shhhisy – sissy
Baby
Thank you – she says Mmmmm ummmm though but it sounds like her humming Thank you.
Tck Tck -Tickle Tickle
Bap Pap - Backpack
Shoosh - shoes
Doggie – she can say doggie clearly
Cack Cack - Quack Quack means duck
NOOOO – she can say that one good too
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee – she cant just say bye she says it with a long e.
Don’t stop – Doooo Staaaaa It’s the words to her favorite song on Yo Gabba Gabba:

1 comment:

Queen Crump said...

That's funny. When I say something like "when I was little or your age" they give me this funny look, like they can't believe I was ever that young.