Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just when I think I have it all together!!!

I pride myself in being semi-organized and being ahead of the game. For example I plan my kids birthdays a month AFTER their previous birthday's and shoot today I just bought the girls their Christmas gifts!! Well I see soccer sign up signs all over town and I take the girls with me to the community center to sign up Alyssa. I give the lady the paperwork and realize I am out of checks... do'h!!! The lady says it's okay there are going to be sign ups on the 18th and bring her birth certificate... So we get to the car and I break out into a sweat. BIRTH CERTIFICATE??? CRAP! I never EVER ordered Alyssa's birth certificate!! With soccer sign ups and registration for school coming up how can I NOT have Alyssa's birth certificate!?!?!?!? So in a few minutes I am going to go and get the application for the birth certificate notarized and mail it off today. I am also going to get Gabby's while I am at it. Then I am going to pray REALLY hard that the county will speed up this process and get the birth certificate to me in 2 weeks not just for soccer but for SCHOOL! I have to get Alyssa an inter-district transfer so she can get picked up by my step mom. I am such a dork! I always procrastinate on the small stuff. When the girls were born I always meant to go get the birth certificates but I just never did it. DUHHHHHHHH!!!

Edited to say: Prayer answered!! We can just go down to the County office and get the certificate there. Panicking now over. Two kids at the county office should be interesting.......

2 comments:

snowprincess said...

haha I waited until a week or so before preschool registration to get amber's. I never needed it before and had to take some time off of work to drive to oakland and pick it up.

Queen Crump said...

The mailing takes long. I just go down to oakland, its right off bart and pick it up. And you don't have to have anything notarized. Is the soccer for your city residents only?