We celebrated the 4th at Brian's Dad's house where he had a barbecue. The weather totally sucked for swimming but Brian and the girls went in anyway. At least the pool was heated. It was nice just relaxing and hanging out.
The night was hampered a bit because Brian's Grandma who has dementia decided to roam the city streets. Brian and his Dad had to go look for her and they finally found her after a half hour of searching. Brian and his family helped her move into a home on Saturday because they have security.
Other than that the day went really good. Alyssa and I made a 4th of July flag cake that I got from the Pioneer Woman Cooks blog. Alyssa is now a pro at the Kitchen Aid. She wanted to help me decorate the cake but I was to anal about letting her help, lol. Everyone was very impressed because the cake look and tasted great. They were especially impressed because 5 years ago I would burn water.
Here are pictures of our 4th of July:
Alyssa mastering the Kitchen Aid:
Brian holding our friend Cristina's baby Alexander, Gabby was a little jealous:
1 comment:
Aww I hope you guys are all feeling better! The stomach flu sucks!
That is scary about grandma out roaming! I am glad they found her! They had to put my grandma into the alzheimer's unit because she would just go wandering off outside looking for my grandpa (who died in 1980).
That fourth of july cake turned out awesome! We totally had a boring 4th of July!
Post a Comment