Monday, July 7, 2008

Mean Girls

Today I let Alyssa and Gabby play outside in the water table when we got home since it was so hot. Gabby decides to come in and eat. So I feed her and start eating myself letting Alyssa eat later when the sun goes down. During this time two girls knock on the back door and ask Alyssa if they can see her backyard. So she lets them in (not okay!) and Brian comes home from Home Depot a minute later and says there are two girls outside with Alyssa. I say okay thinking it's the neighbor sisters from across from us so I go and look and it wasn't. It's two girls (ages 8 and 9) that the Mom's let roam around the town homes and do pretty much whatever they want.
So I go out to supervise and they decided to put water down the slide. I ask them not to and they did it anyway and slid down and one girl hurt herself. So I tell them to not do that again or they can leave. So they decide to have a water fight. I ask them to watch out for Gabby... they don't and smack her in the face with water on accident... but still...While they have a water fight they decide to gang up on Alyssa too. So I tell them Alyssa has to eat dinner and they have to go.
They leave and I tell Alyssa I am sorry you can not play with those girls. They are too big for you and they don't listen to me. Of course she gets upset. I tell her that she can play with the sisters across the way. I have talked to their Mom a lot and we are friendly with each other. The girls are well behaved and respectful.
So I tell Alyssa lets go say hi to your friend really quick. We go over there and her friend is at her Grandma's for the week. I tell the Mom (who is actually a teacher to where the kids here in the neighborhood go to)what happened and she told me she doesn't let her 6 year old play with the girls either because after her daughter played with the girls 5 minutes on her own she came home and told her Mom that she was the princess and a baby was going to come out of her tummy! ACK! So this is how Alyssa gained and lost two friends in the span of a half hour.
It was really cute though I was telling Alyssa how I didn't want her to play with the girls and Alyssa asked if I was mad?? I said no I am just concerned the girls were too big for her. She said "Mom, I know your mad because of your eyes!" Then she told me "Mom I prayed to Jesus that you wouldn't be mad anymore!" I tell you that girl HATES to be in trouble. Which isn't a bad thing...

2 comments:

M.Yeager said...

ugh I can't believe they just invited themselves into your backyard! What is wrong with parents these days??? I don't think I would let my 8 year old roam the streets!

Queen Crump said...

Our neighbor girl just comes over, without her parents checking on her and they always fight with each other because, 1st her and Everett are the same age, and 2nd, she doesn't speak english, so they have communication problems!