Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am officially a soccer Mom!!

We had our first meeting with Alyssa's soccer coach today! Practice starts next Monday. They are going to practice every Monday and Wednesday. Alyssa is so excited to play!! Stacy and I put her and Amber on the same team this year so hopefully the girls won't be so shy while playing.
After the meeting Brian and I were heading to Costco when we realized that Sports Authority was right next to Costco so we went in to get Alyssa some gear. The lady was really nice there and helped us try on shoes and shin guards. When we got home Alyssa and Brian played some soccer outside. I think she will do well. She loves her new cleats... she refuses to take them off. I think she may even sleep with them on, lol! Here she is a few minutes ago playing her leapster in her cleats:

Her first game is on September 6th and of course out of all days I will be in Santa Cruz at a women's retreat for church. I am so bummed!!

1 comment:

M.Yeager said...

awww that is so cool! I really need to get ricky into a sport.

totally off topic but ricky saw the picture and said "hey she has a leapster like mine but it's pink!"