Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our day at the Alameda County Fair

Today after church we went to the Alameda County fair. My bestest friend Lety hooked us up with free parking and half off tickets so how could we not go?? We took my sister Melinda that way Alyssa would have someone to ride the rides with and Brian didn't have to go on everything with her.
It ended up being 93 in Pleasanton and we were super hot. The girls got wristbands so they could ride anything they wanted. The stupid wrist bands went up EIGHT BUCKS from the the last time we went in 2006. I always hate going to the fair because you can go to Six Flags for the same price. Anyway I digress... we got to the fair at around 2 and started riding the rides. Alyssa started getting super cranky because of the sun and we went and ate and got lots of water.
After that we walked around the fair and saw the animals. Brian saw the rabbits and wanted to bring one home. I did not want to clean up rabbit poop as well as Gabby's poop but Brian promised he would take care of it. Well the rabbits ranged from 25-50 bucks and the cages were 69-100 dollars. So I think he reconsidered after that. Alyssa heard that he might buy one and whined for a little bit that she wanted one. Maybe next year... I just don't know how a rabbit and Gabby would get along. She is a little rough. Plus I could think of better things to spend over 100 bucks on. I did have a rabbit once (remember Mom??). He died shortly after I got him. I don't remember from what. It was pretty sad though and I still remember it. All I need is a dead rabbit with a heat wave coming up.
Anyway we ended up eating a LOT! I wasn't too hungry but we all had ice cream and shaved ice and of course I couldn't leave without a huge bag of kettle corn.
We are beat and Brian is still bummed about the rabbit. Although I told him it was his choice and did not say no. Just to let that be on the record!
I am not looking forward to this work week. I saw Livermore is supposed to be 104 freaking degrees and it will be in the 90's at home with no AC. I really should have the guys at work install us an AC system. It will be soo busy this week which is good for business but I will not have a chance to pee. I better get some good sleep tonight.
Here are some pictures from our fun day... I dont know if we will go back next year. Maybe we will make this an every two year event.

Daddy and Alyssa on the swing ride:

Gabby is really ticked she can't get on!


The girls all smiles after eating:



Alyssa and Melinda on the roller coaster. You can sort of see Alyssa's look of fear in her face!

Guys... I am hot in here!
Me and Melinda on the roller coaster:

The girls on the Super Slide:
This is when Brian got the rabbit idea:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Monica, I do remember the rabbit. It was a lop eared rabbit. You used to feed it lettuce and we kept it outside. It died because we had a heat wave in Geyserville that summer.

M.Yeager said...

That is cool they have wristbands now, remember when you used to have to buy tickets and everything was a certain amount of tickets??

I totally bought a dwarf bunny at a flea market one time. It was like $45 bucks and so teeny tiny and cute!!! I had to give it away when I was pregnant and then my friend killed it.

I still hold that against her to this day!