I spent Thursday night baking Lemonade cupcakes (NEVER make these, they were gross but looked good on paper) and brownies. Friday we made Big Fat Chocolate Chip cookies. I am pretty tired but I will break the night down with pictures:
Here is the party girl waiting for her guests!
Then we had a talent show. I went on You Tube and the kids sang the songs from the computer. It was so cute. The kids waved their hands like they were at a concert. Here is my sister singing Alicia Keys "No One"
Here is my nephew Coleson singing Foghat's "Slow Ride"
Here is my princess singing "Fabulous" by Ashley Tisdale.
After that we went outside and played pass the marshmallow game with toothpicks. I think they were a little young for the game.
They started cheating and using their hands:
After that they had a wagon/bike race. I was all for it hoping that would burn off some of their energy. Of course that never happened.
After that everyone came inside to play High School Musical "Sing it" on the Wii. Which is like a karaoke game for the Wii.
Then some of the kids played the Wii Fit. There was a time when ALL of the kids ran together. I have it on video. I will try to upload it. I love this game... kids working out... FOR FUN!
While some kids played the Wii Fit the others played M&M relay. My nephew Coleson started the game. The object is to say how many M&M's you think you can eat while running from point A to point B. In the meantime someone is trying to knock over a plastic cup with a football. If they knock the cup down before you eat the M&M's you think you were going to eat you lost. They had fun even though my downstairs is only 600 square feet!!
Then of course we did MAKEOVERS!!
This picture really scares me... I can just see a teenager on my hands and I don't like it.
This is when the kids started hijacking my camera. Don't they look cute in their makeup?
All of the girls!
The boys hiding out. Once we started the makeovers they ran to Alyssa's room and barricaded themselves in.
My poor husband. I think he started to clean after this so he could get away from the girls, lol. They totally hijacked the computer from him to make star dolls.
Time for bed... or not!
From what I heard one of the girls was up until 4. My sister went to bed at 1 which is very rare. The latest she has ever stayed up was 10:30. They played a game where whoever fell asleep first was going to have makeup all over their face. My niece Talore lost so they put makeup all over her face and took a picture which my niece deleted. Then they terrorized the boys by putting wet marshmallows on their hands and tickled their faces so they would slap the marshmallow on their face. They took video of that too... it was pretty funny.
The next morning I woke up at 8:30 to make pancakes and kids were everywhere. Talore and Lexi slept in Alyssa's bed and their brothers slept on the floor. Alyssa, Melinda and Erika were on the Aero bed downstairs. Brian and I made them pancakes, bacon and potatoes. They hardly ate! Next time I am just giving them cereal. I woke the kids that were in Alyssa's room up they were sooo tired. Then we all ate. A few of them watched Camp Rock until their parents picked them up while a few of them played in Alyssa's room and outside.
It was fun for the kids but very tiring. Brian and I spent all day Saturday cleaning the house. We had way too much coffee because Brian started cleaning the cabinets and walls. Then we cleaned out our closet which we have been wanting to do for awhile. I am still tired today. Alyssa just took a two hour nap. I think we will do another one next year. Although it's tiring it's memories for the kids.
3 comments:
WOW, Monica, you are a better mommy than me. I won't be giving sleepovers until much later! And I can barely handle 3 kids in my house....maybe because they are all related. It looks like they had a lot of fun though!
Monica,
Hats off to you! You did a great job! I remember when you were 11 you had a sleepover. Your little sister had to participate too! I had the same experience with the pancakes too! Mom
awww that looks like so much fun!! some of my fondest memories as a child were of my slumber parties! Do you remember stickers and sticker books?? Now it's computers and makeup! LOL.
Post a Comment